SUNSATIONAL introduces ‘The Collarium’
What does Collagen Phototherapy (RED LIGHT) actually do?
Red Light Therapy is an up and coming technology that can provide relief from a number of conditions. It can help rejuvenate skin & is completely safe and natural.
Red light therapy stimulates collagen production in the skin providing results in weeks.
*Rejuvenates your skin
*Removes lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging
*Effective acne treatment – killing the bacteria that cause acne
*Treats sun damaged skin
*Increases blood flow & circulation
*Aids in healing damaged skin (up to twice as fast)
*Reduces & eliminates stretch marks
*Can help treat depression
*Relieves joint pain
*Treats Eczema & Psoriasis
*Firms,tones & restores moisture to your skin
The very best bit is, at Sunsational Red Light Therapy is affordable to all!
Weeks 1-4: 20 minutes 3-5 Times a week
Weeks 5 -12 : 20 minutes 2-3 Times a week
12+ Weeks : 1-2 Times a week
Although Red Lamp Therapy Lamps are made to go into a tanning bed they do not tan you or put out any UV light. Eye protection is not necessary but because of the intensity we recommend at least wearing sun glasses or tanning goggles. The FDA has stated that Red Light has a non significant risk status and is completely safe for the eyes.
More In depth….
1. Stimulates the production of Collagen & Elastin. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By producing more Collagen, skin will appear less wrinkled, bags around the eyes will tighten and the appearance of a more youthful looking skin will emerge.
2. Increase vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.
3. Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before it is utilized by the cells. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell.
4. Increase lymphatic system activity. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part which can be evacuated by the blood system and the second is comprised of the proteins which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling
5. Increase RNA and DNA synthesis. This helps damaged cells to be replaced more promptly.
6. Reduce the excitability of nervous tissue. The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This calls upon the body to send positive ions like calcium among others to go to the area being treated. These ions assist in firing the nerves thereby relieving pain.
7. Stimulate fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
8. Increase phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of clean up. This is an important part of the infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place.
9. Induce a thermal like effect in the tissue. The light raises the temperature of the cells.
10. Stimulate tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
11. Stimulate acetylcholine release. Acetylcholine causes cardiac inhibition, vasodilation, gastrointestinal peristalsis and other parasympathetic effects.
Step into the Collarium for a 20 minute session 3 times a week. Effects should be seen after only the 3rd session. Treatment should be continued for 3 weeks. After this just a couple of sessions per month for maintenance are required.
Our Fully trained staff will explain and advise you how the whole process works.